Rain, rain and more rain.


Not the prettiest peony is it. It is the only one on a plant that is over fifty years old. She produced just one last year too, and I almost pulled the plant out in the Fall. In deference to her age and the joy she has given over the years I didn't have the heart to do it. The fragrance is beautiful, and at one time we could look forward to dozens of flowers on this plant.
I know peonies don't like to be moved, but I will dig it up and split it, then replant in a new spot with fresh soil. I hope it helps to rejuvenate the old girl. Wish her, and me, luck.

Comments

  1. I hope that we see photos of masses of flowers next year! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I Jan! Wouldn't that be great..xx

      Delete
  2. She is lovely, and feeling just a bit tired.... but some new soil and a new location might do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right Shammi. Peonies don't always take after being transplanted, so I have to wait until Fall when other changes have been made to accommodate her.

      Delete

Post a Comment